Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Relocation

I moved in with Casey on August 1. Now I live in Myrtle Beach. Not the ideal beach location, but the beach. I always chose the mountains over the beach when asked where I'd rather live when I was younger, so I guess I went back on that promise. Regardless, this may be the only time I live at the beach so I'm going to make the most of it.

Currently I'm training to run a marathon in November. I've decided to run the Outer Banks Marathon on November 7. This should be a good first marathon since it's mostly flat. Right now I'm up to 8 miles. Saturday I'll dip into the double digits and attempt a 10 mile run. It sucks I have to get up early on Saturday to run but if I don't I might as well go take a lap on the surface of the sun. Casey's going to do the coinciding half marathon so we've both been busy getting in adequate shape to attempt this race.

I've been able to catch some Myrtle Beach Pelicans games since moving down here. Verdict: lackluster following the loss of Jason Heyward and Freddie Freeman to promotion. I don't mind since I thoroughly enjoy watching live baseball, plus I get to scout potentially future Braves prospects.

I bought a new car last month. It was time to retire my trusty 93 Accord for something new. I bought a 2009 Honda Fit and am satisfied with my purchase thus far. My record MPG is 44.4! Of course the New Car Smell may be the best part of it all.

Mona is still recovering from her leg problems. She's been on cage rest for two months with a twice daily regimen of anti-inflammatory medication. At first she didn't like the pills but now I think she's a junkie. She gets excited about pill time. She's eating better and walking on the leg more and more so I'm happy.

Next Monday will be my two year anniversary with the South Carolina Forestry Commission. It's gone by fast. Right now I'm trying to become a registered forester with the state which is a royal pain in the ass and a huge waste of money, but it's required in order to get a raise. I never thought I'd have to spend money to make money. I don't particularly like that.

I'm going to try and get back to reporting about my daily wanderings in the woods of the Pee Dee. I can feel the bated breath!

Bedtime.

----------------
Now playing: Radiohead - 2+2=5
via FoxyTunes

No comments: