Sunday, October 26, 2008

Good Fortunes in Red Stick


All the pundits and all my friends can go ahead with the "I told you so's". I never predicted Georgia to go to Baton Rouge and beat LSU the way they did. I expected a loss.

The game started out well. Darryl Gamble had a pick six on the first play from scrimmage. He bookended the scoring with another pick six in the fourth quarter. Knowsh and Fats Stafford both played exceptionally well. I hope this level of play translates into another exciting game next week in Jacksonville. I always hate how that game has huge billing before each season starts. But every year it has huge implications for both teams. I know Florida hasn't forgotten the endzone celebration from last year. In Urban Meyer's new biography (which is at the top of my reading list) he says, "It was a bad deal. It will forever be in the mind of Urban Meyer and in the mind of our football team. We'll handle it and it's going to be a big deal." I wasn't a fan of the celebration. But sometimes you have to do something to spark your team. I also love how Urban Meyer refers to Urban Meyer in the third person. What a douche.
Yes, I'm a naysayer. But I love it when the Dawgs prove me wrong and play up to their level. Hopefully it carries over to to the Cocktail Party. To all my friends who are going: Cheer extra for me!